We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano-Air Insulated Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 177
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable fit and very warm.
- Ideal choice for mid-layer in freezing temps, and as stand-alone in above freezing.
- Dries quickly after becoming wet.
- Versatile jacket for many climates.
- Stretch panels aid in mobility.
- 4 zippered pockets for plenty of storage.
- DWR treated outer layer to aid in water resistance for a short time period.
- Double chest pockets for quick access.
- Maintains flexibility, even with a slim-cut fit.
- Top of the line in terms of comfort.
- FullRange synthetic won’t soak up moisture and lose insulation ability.
- Due to breathability, you can keep the jacket on all day during activity.
- Hood is close-fitting and scuba-style, so you can put it on without zipping the jacket all the way up.
- Doesn’t ride up when reaching overhead.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Jacket begins to look worn after prolonged use.
- Not super windproof.
- Some reports of material pilling after use.
- Might not be ideal for everyday use, as the material loses loft with constant compression.
- Slim cut may be too restrictive for some body types.
- Not waterproof.
- The super-soft fabric has a tendency to show wear-and-tear easily.
- Ability for the wind to flow through the jacket.
- No adjustments on the hood to change tightness.
- FullRange insulation isn’t as compressible as traditional synthetic fill.
- Offers little wind-resistance.
- Stowaway pocket is too small and takes too long to pack into it.
- Stowaway pocket does not provide a clip-in loop.
- High cost, but worth it if you’re looking for the best jacket for active insulation.
The Patagonia Nano-Air Insulated Hooded Jacket for men is an insulated, comfortable, breathable, versatile jacket. It is ideal as a mid-layer for below-freezing activities or a stand-alone layer for above freezing temperatures. Despite not being very wind-resistant, this jacket will keep you warm in a variety of conditions, due to the active insulation.