We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Genius Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 90 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 147
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Durable and efficient sole quality.
- Great for heel hooks.
- The friction is high-quality, and good for small holds.
- The no-edge technology means there is less of a chance of splitting the shoe.
- Ideal for overhanging limestone.
- Great for sport routes, bouldering, and indoor training.
- The lace allows for a customized fit for a variety of foot shapes.
- The pull-tabs allow you to easily put the shoe on and take off.
- The eyelets are able to hold laces in place due to extra friction.
- The P3 technology (Permanent Power Platform) promotes flexibility and maintains shape.
- The 3mm XS Grip 2 combines sensitivity and grip.
- The rubber strip in the toe-box is ideal for scums and hooks.
- The toe has the ability to smear without rolling.
- The downturned shape and Laspoflex mid-sole is good for using in pockets.
- The suede upper, wider section, and space in the toe box all provide comfort.
- No climbing shoes are better at edging than this one.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some break-in time to get accustomed to the no-edge fit.
- A flatter shoe could be better suited for easy-to-moderate traditional climbing.
- For longer climbing days, a less expensive shoe may be preferred so you don’t have to worry about wearing out this expensive one.
The La Sportiva Genius Climbing Shoe is a great choice for climbers searching for an all-around durable shoe. The comfort combined with technical abilities makes this suitable for all levels, and capable for various types of climbing.