We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Boostic Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 82
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Great edging power.
- Provides enough downturn to be efficient on steep routes.
- Great for bouldering and sport climbing.
- The moderate downturn combined with stiffness still allows for a sensitive shoe to be adequate in smearing.
- Good choice for an all-day shoe on technical climbs.
- Great amount of power in the toe, and the rubber is consistently sticky.
- The stiffness improves edging performance, even when the shoe is sized for comfort instead of performance.
- Great for crimps on overhanging problems.
- Features a 4mm Vibram XS Edge rubber sole for stickiness.
- Twin pull tabs in the back for easy on and off.
- Blended leather/synthetic upper to provides comfort and stretch.
- Aggressive and asymmetric shape of the toe helps when sticking in narrow pockets.
- Very comfortable for a downturned shoe.
- One of the softer options, yet delivers adequate toe power on steep angles.
- Reports of being proficient on steep granite, sandstone and slick limestone.
- Sock-like fit aids in putting the shoe on, and conforms to your foot once you are wearing it.
- Minimal break-in time.
- Designed for hooking and edging, and extremely efficient in bouldering.
- One of the top semi-aggressive climbing shoes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Worked well in cracks, but not the most proficient.
- People with narrow feet may need a smaller relative size.
- The heel may be too big for some foot shapes if the rest of the shoe is snug.
- Shoe is somewhat high volume, so may need to cinch the straps tightly to ensure a tight enough fit.
- Toe patches are not ideal for toe hanging.
- Works on slabs, but not good enough for smearing.
- Expensive option.
- The dye from the leather may stain your feet.
The Scarpa Boostic Climbing Shoe is surprisingly comfortable given its high level of performance. The combination of a stiff design with a stretchy upper allows users to perform at a high level without having to suffer with painful feet. While these shoes don’t fit everyone’s feet, for those lucky enough to match, these shoes are a great choice.