We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smith Vantage MIPS Helmet – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 104
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features a soft interior.
- Fits well on various head shapes.
- Works well with Smith IOS goggles.
- Stylish color.
- Soft around the ears for comfort.
- Adequate ventilation and adjustability.
- The brim provides protection from the elements.
- Can use with or without a hat underneath.
- The knob is more durable than previous models.
- Can open only half the vents for adjusted breathability.
- The lining is easier to wash than the older model.
- The tailored fit creates no pressure points.
- The front and back vents can be open and closed separately.
- Soft, but supportive liner.
- No pressure points or rubbing in the helmet.
- The strap is easy to adjust.
- 21 vents for enhanced breathability.
- Provides adequate warmth.
- MIPS liner reduces potential damage through rotational impacts.
- Aerocore construction improves the energy absorption upon impact.
- The EPS foam combines safety and breathability.
- No reported durability issues over time.
- The chin strap has a fleece pad for comfort.
- Ear pieces are low profile and comfortable.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The BOA wheel may accidentally turn when rubbed against the collar.
- Some issues with finding the right size.
- The goggle lock on the back can take some getting used to, when compared to a snap closure.
- Expensive option.
- When sizing, the MIPS helmet runs smaller than the non-MIPS, so must be aware.
- Limited color options.
- Can be easy to overstretch the elastic cord on the goggle lock strap.
- Some reports of chin strap not staying in place during use.
The Smith Vantage MIPS Helmet for women is a great choice for an all-around ski and snowboard helmet. If you want to look good, feel good, and most importantly, be safe, this could be the helmet for you.