We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 3.3 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1565
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy to assemble.
- Clean-up is easy.
- Boils water quickly , great for grilling and is fairly adjustable for slower, even cooking.
- In addition to camping, you can use the stove for home canning and other food processing, shrimp boils and other uses that generate a lot of heat or steam.
- Optional grill and pizza accessories give you more versatility.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Great at simmering.
- Burners are very powerful.
- Plenty of cooking space.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users reported that two of the legs fell off.
- Plastic fittings are not durable enough.
- Stove is easy to light with a lighter, but the spark igniter can be finicky.
- Legs are too short for some users.
- Strong wind blows burners out, which is inconvenient as you have to manually relight them every time.
- Incompatible with one-pound propane canisters.
- High heat output can damage stainless or non-stick cookware.
The Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range is a portable, free-standing camp stove that can handle multiple pot meals at camp, tailgate parties or at home. Its 30,000 BTU output boils water and heats food quickly, yet can still simmer nicely. It will help you cook gourmet meals at camp, keep your home kitchen cool by allowing you to do your canning outside, and with optional accessories, you can grill or even bake pizza.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3.