We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 388
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight and easy to pack.
- Burly and durable despite being light.
- The grips are great and non-slippery.
- Able to collapse down for functionality.
- Supportive and provides stability during use.
- Stylish design and comfortable.
- Short and light to pack away when not in use.
- Deep grooves in the grip allow you to use them as camping poles for a tent.
- Z-folding allows you to deploy the pole easily.
- Grips composed of EVA foam for comfort.
- The wrist strap is lightweight nylon and feels comfortable against your skin.
- The extended grips allow you to hold the shaft lower while climbing for more control.
- Shock-absorption properties are provided by the carbon fiber shaft.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive option compared to other similar models.
- Some reports of the push-buttons becoming rusty after minimal use.
- Not adjustable.
- Flexible shaft can be concerning for some users.
- Fairly expensive for poles similar to this one.
The Black Diamond Distance Carbon Z Trekking Poles are durable, lightweight, and easy-to-pack, and a great option for any backpacker or fast packer who favors space-saving. The non-adjustable nature makes this pole less desired by some, but the light packing weight, comfortable grip, and collapsible-qualities overcomes that limitation for most happy users.