We’ve read the reviews across the web for the ALPS Mountaineering Morada 4 Tent: 4-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 60
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The tent flaps have tiebacks to keep the doors open, which is a nice feature.
- Tent pegs are heavy-duty aluminum for durability.
- Spacious and has room for 4 people to fit comfortably.
- The two vestibules add extra gear storage.
- The set up is easy and quick.
- The space can accommodate 3-4 people without feeling too tight.
- The cross pole maximizes headroom and makes leaving and entering the tent easier.
- The colored tent clips make it easy to figure out the set up.
- The mesh roof vents make it easy to see the sky and let some additional light inside.
- The outer material is a waterproof polyester for weather protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The material of the tent is mostly fabric, so it can hold moisture in hotter weather.
- The windows on the rain fly are good for letting light in, but limit the privacy.
- The stuff sack is not heavy-duty and has trouble holding the full tent.
- Not the lightest tent for the size.
- There is no included footprint, so you have to purchase it separately.
- Not the best for backpacking since it is pretty heavy at 9lbs.
- Despite being spacious enough for 3-4 people, it doesn’t have the most square footage when compared to other 4-person tents.
The ALPS Mountaineering Morada 4 Tent: 4-Person 3-Season is a durable, comfortable, and easy-to-use tent that is well-suited for 3-4 people during camping trips. Despite not being the lightest weight and holding some moisture in hot weather, this is a good option for those who want a protective tent that feels roomy inside. Even though it doesn’t have the most square footage for a 4-person, the higher cross pole makes it seem like there’s more headroom, and makes leaving and entering the tent easy.