We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Cinder MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 264
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to adjust and is comfortable for long-term use.
- Feels sturdy and secure during long days.
- Lightweight to keep your head cool and comfortable.
- Fits well and ventilates proficiently in most weather conditions.
- Uses specific technology to reduce the rotational impact of crashes through the MIPS liner.
- Easy to adjust with the small turn-dial.
- Very comfortable and is versatile for most riding conditions.
- The construction of the helmet keeps it securely fastened without having to over-tighten it.
- Looks stylish and has a streamlined appearance.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- Doesn’t have a lot of interior padding, despite being functionally-placed.
- Not the most ventilated option on the market.
- Some issues with the fastener being a little finicky.
- Less aerodynamic than other options.
The Giro Cinder MIPS Helmet is a protective, adjustable, and comfortable option that is well-suited for those who go on all-day rides in tough conditions. The addition of the MIPS liner works well to protect the head against rotational impacts, and should be considered by most mountain bikers. Despite not being the most ventilated and less aerodynamic than other options, the safety features, secure fit, and lightweight material make this a great choice for long-term use.