We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Atmos AG 50L Backpack and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 92 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.6 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 330
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Able to pack quickly and organize your gear.
- The backpack is easy to adjust even when your load changes.
- The brain of the backpack is removable to save weight or use as a day pack.
- The pockets are easy to reach and functionally placed for storage of gear.
- The hip belt and back panel are adjustable to customize your fit.
- The stretchy outside loops can let you hang some smaller items externally on the backpack.
- Anti-gravity suspension keeps your back comfortable and lets you easily carry heavy loads.
- Features a sleeping bag compartment for additional compatibility.
- Contains a ventilated frame for temperature regulation.
- Features an adjustable torso length and hip belt for a custom fit.
- Contains trekking pole attachments to easily hold your poles when not in use.
- Features a sternum strap to keep your backpack snug against your body during use.
- The hip straps are padded enough to prevent any discomfort even when carrying heavy loads.
- The mesh and the ventilated construction help keep you cool during hot days on the trail.
- Versatile to work for one-night trips to long-term treks.
- Uses tough and durable outer material.
- Features an internal hydration reservoir sleeve for easy organization and compartmentalization.
- Comfortable to carry during all-day use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The hip straps might be too long for some body types and can get in the way.
- Does not come with a rain cover, so you will need to buy one on your own.
- The internal hydration sleeve means you have to unpack some other gear in order to get to the bladder.
- The hip pockets might not be big enough for some cellphones.
The Osprey Packs Atmos AG 50L Backpack is a durable, adjustable, and comfortable backpack that is versatile enough to be used on single-night adventures or multi-day treks. With high praise about the all-day comfort and weight distribution, this could be a good choice for thru-hikers and frequent campers who enjoy having padded hip belts, adjustable shoulder straps, and anti-gravity suspension.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.