We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Troy Lee Designs A2 MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 418
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and fits well for all-day use.
- The chin strap adjustment provides a snug and secure fit.
- Contains multiple vents for ample breathability in warmer temperatures.
- Lightweight with plenty of vents to keep you cool on warmer days.
- Provides ample ventilation and breathability.
- Comfortable for all-day use on the trails.
- Lightweight for comfort while wearing and efficient carrying.
- Features a MIPS liner to protect your head against rotational impacts.
- Stylish and sleek for an aesthetic look on and off the trail.
- The fin in the back of the helmet securely holds goggles in place.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The visor can be tedious to adjust due to the lack of grip on the adjustable screw.
- Some users wish that the padding absorbed more forehead sweat to keep perspiration out of your eyes during use.
- Some reports of the Velcro pressing on your head while wearing, which can reduce comfort in some users.
- There is minimal visor adjustment which may not work for some users.
- Expensive when compared to other similar helmets on the market.
- Does not provide as much coverage around your entire head as other helmets do.
- The brow is visible in your field of vision, which can be obstructing to some riders.
- There is no space under the visor to store your goggles during inclement weather.
- The MIPS liner makes the helmet heavier than similarly-priced options.
The Troy Lee Designs A2 MIPS Helmet is a protective, comfortable, and stylish option that works well for beginner and advanced riders. Despite being a protective and safe option, this helmet has limited adjustability and goggle storage, making this not the best option for cyclists who like some extra features.