We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Farpoint 70L Backpack – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 93 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 664
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The daypack provides extra versatility for single-day and shorter hikes.
- The day pack is lightweight and contains multiple pockets for easy storage capabilities.
- The daypack and the bigger backpack are easy to zip together to carry everything effectively.
- Uses high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- Easy to load quickly and efficiently for ease-of-use.
- The straps can be tucked away for easy storage and transportation.
- Easily adjustable to find the perfect fit for your backpack.
- Features clips that allow the daypack to hang on the backpack in front of you for added efficiency.
- Features a smaller pocket on the front of the backpack for storing small items.
- The chest strap is adjustable to get the correct fit and redistribute the weight of your pack.
- The straps are padded for comfort during all-day use.
- This pack is front-loading, making it more secure due to the zippers used.
- The material is durable for long-lasting use.
- The weight is very low for a 70-liter backpack, providing comfort and transportation efficiency over long distances.
- The suspension system effectively transfers weight to your hips even when fully packed, providing ample comfort during all-day use carrying heavy loads.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The material and the back panel is not the most breathable when compared to other options.
- Some reports of the pack not having enough pockets to organize and separate all of your gear.
- The two water bottle pockets on the front of the bag are useless when the bag is completely full.
- The pack is technically too big to use for a carry-on bag for most airlines, limiting the functionality.
- The front-loading construction makes this backpack more suited towards traveling, instead of long hiking trips.
The Osprey Packs Farpoint 70L Backpack for men is a versatile, lightweight, and spacious option that works well for carrying heavy loads over long distances and working as your only pack during extended backpacking trips. Even though this backpack will not work with carry-on guidelines and lacking some breathability, this 70-liter backpack effectively distributes weight to your hips for ample comfort while walking for long periods of time.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.