We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Porter 30L Backpack and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 694
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The internal and external pockets are padded to protect your valuables.
- The walls of the backpack are semi-rigid to provide structure and protection.
- The handles are easy to grip and sturdy to quickly grab your backpack off of the ground.
- The straps can stowaway for effective storage and transportation.
- Lightweight for easy storing, transporting, and carrying for long periods of time.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Stylish and aesthetic to use on or off of the trail.
- Features spacious and big compartments for storing plenty of gear.
- The suspension system is comfortable and helps evenly distribute weight on your back.
- Fits a 15-inch laptop for additional tech compatibility.
- The outer fabric is durable and abrasion-resistant to withstand tough terrain.
- The hip belt is padded for comfortable carrying of heavy loads.
- The straight-jacket compression straps help to reduce volume and bulkiness of the pack while carrying lighter loads or stowing on a plane.
- Versatile to be used as a trekking backpack or an everyday office pack.
- The straps are adjustable to find the perfect fit for your body type.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The outdoor compartments are difficult to access while you are on-the-move.
- The laptop sleeve is not padded, so your electronics may not be adequately protected.
- Does not come in the most stylish color choices, limiting the aesthetic look of the bag.
- Lacks ventilation and mesh material to help breathability during warm days.
- The style and the look might not be everyone’s taste or ideal look.
- The straps are not as comfortable as the Osprey Farpoint backpack, which limits the ease of carrying this pack during all-day use.
The Osprey Packs Porter 30L Backpack is a stylish, versatile, and functional pack that works well for one-day trekking adventures or for everyday office use. Due to the construction, the materials used, and the overall aesthetic, this backpack can be used for walking around town or for hardcore use on the trail. If you want a backpack that is easy to carry and can efficiently store all of your gear for a day’s worth of hiking, this could be a good choice.