We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Never Summer 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag and summarize the results below:
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Soft and comfortable – like sleeping on a cloud.
- Easy to use zipper.
- Great loft.
- Foot box is wide and comfy for your feet.
- The water resistant down provides added protection from the elements.
- Can save hundreds of dollars by going with this bag instead of with a higher end competitor’s.
- It hits a value sweet spot.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No draft collar which is a bummer for a zero degree bag.
- Doesn’t compress as well as other bags that have higher rated down.
- Slightly bulky and harder to compress.
- Shell material is not as durable as some higher end alternatives.
- 650 fill down is good but not great. There are other (more expensive) bags on the market that use higher quality down with higher warmth-to-weight ratios.
The Marmot Never Summer 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag provides outstanding performance for the price. While other bags may be warmer and lighter, the Never Summer won’t break your bank account and still provides impressive warmth with a smart design.