We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mountain Hardwear Optic 3.5 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 53
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to set up.
- Functional layout for ample space.
- Double doors allow for a wide entrance for easy in and out.
- Pole system is self-explanatory and easy to figure out.
- Plenty of pockets for convenient storage.
- Durable enough to last multiple seasons.
- Packs down small for easy transport.
- Able to fit 3 adults inside tightly.
- The airflow inside is good even with the rainfly on.
- 180-degree view provided due to the layout.
- Able to roll up the vestibule for an even more expansive view.
- Door configuration makes it easy to pitch.
- Good protection from rain and wind.
- Uses three aluminum poles with magnetic connectors for easy set up.
- Five internal storage pockets for organization.
- The guy lines and tensioners are included, which is convenient.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of feeling smaller than a 3.5 tent, and might be more suitable for 3 people instead.
- Weight and size might not be the most ideal for longer backpacking trips.
- Doors are only on one side, so you have to reach over someone to open it.
- Might not be ideal for rainy and humid weather due to not allowing a cross-flow ventilation.
- The footprint is not included, so you need to purchase this separately.
The Mountain Hardwear Optic 3.5 Tent: 3-Person 3-Season is a weather-resistant, functional, easy-to-set-up, and packable tent, that is best suited for 3 adults comfortably. The two doors on the one side mean you have to crawl over someone to get out, but they provide an expansive view. Despite the weight, the easy transportation, big vestibules, and ample storage space make this a great option for shorter backpacking trips.