We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Banchee 50L, 65L Backpack and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 3.6 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 15
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Keeps your back cool and dry.
- Intelligently designed pockets.
- Very comfortable and carries a heavy load well.
- Amazing storage features.
- This pack flies under the radar – it’s not seen on the trail a lot, but it should be.
- Lightweight yet still strong.
- No squeaking.
- Best in-class airflow.
- Stretchy mesh pockets are useful and versatile.
- Fantastic suspension.
- Easy hip belt adjustment.
- One of the lighter packs in this class.
- One of the easiest packs to organize.
- Good for traveling (not just backpacking).
- Priced below many of its competitors, despite its above average performance.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Torso length adjustment is not easy.
- The colors aren’t great.
- Hip belt pockets could be bigger.
- Can be challenging to get water bottle into side pocket while on the move.
- Buckles seem a little weak.
- Shoulder harness could use more padding.
- Compression straps not great when pack isn’t full.
- Top lid pocket hard to search through.
- Not great with extremely heavy loads.
The North Face Banchee 50L, 65L Backpack performs at a high level despite being less well known. The pack receives high praise for its lightweight design, suspension, and well thought-out pockets. While those carrying extremely heavy loads may want to look elsewhere, the Banchee is a great pack choice for most backpackers.
Note: User rankings were reviewed across the web and expert rankings were reviewed on activejunky, outdoorgearlab