We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Tempest 20L Backpack – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 191
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The size is good for day trips to fit everything you might need.
- Hip belt is comfortable and features small pockets and adjustability for added functionality.
- The back and shoulder mesh enhance ventilation for added breathability.
- Fits well for a woman’s build, aiding in comfort and mobility.
- Inner mesh pocket keeps your small items secure.
- Easily fits a 3L bladder plus extra space for water bottles and gear.
- Trekking pole attachments for hiking compatibility.
- Bike helmet attachment for use during mountain biking and cycling.
- Features small storage pockets and an exterior sleeve for a bulky item.
- The back and hip belt utilize mesh to increase ventilation.
- Hip belt and back are padded for extra comfort.
- Main compartment has an internal mesh pocket for small items.
- Two water bottle pockets and slot for hydration bladder.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might not fit some body shapes, as the chest strap might be too tight and the waist band could be too small.
- The side pockets might not be big enough to fit your cellphone.
- The torso length is not adjustable, so you have to make sure to buy the correct size.
- Some issues with getting a good fit, with not being the most comfortable if you’re “longer” on terms of the osprey sizing scale. We recommend trying on before buying.
- Comes in two sizes but the pack feels small, and the hip belt may not close.
- If you tighten the shoulder straps, the hip belt might rise up too high.
- Might not be the most durable if you frequently travel through debris.
- If you don’t pack light, 20 liters may not be enough storage space for you, even for short day hikes.
The Osprey Packs Tempest 20L Backpack for women is a breathable, comfortable, and adjustable option chock full of features, making it well-suited for all-day use. The large feature set packed into this small pack makes it a great option. While 20L may not be enough storage space for pack rats, that is a personal preference and not a design flaw of the pack.