We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Limelight Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 119
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Usable for backpacking and camping.
- Reinforced seams make the tent windproof and waterproof.
- Pre-bent poles allow for easy set-up.
- Adjustable sides for air regulation based on temperatures and winds.
- Durable tent and stakes.
- Extra ‘window’ for ventilation.
- Ample space for two people.
- Two doors for easy entering and exiting.
- Asymmetrical doors for accessibility, with one being a D-shape and one a teardrop-shape that opens almost all the way.
- Two people can easily sit up inside.
- Comes with an included footprint that adds debris protection and a barrier against ground moisture.
- 68-Denier poly taffeta is highly puncture-resistant.
- Possible to set up in fast-pitch mode, without the tent body, reducing the total weight by a couple pounds.
- Reportedly no issues with condensation build-up, heavy rains, or heavy wind.
- Features a Lamp Shade Pocket, where you can hang your headlamp above you.
- Design increases the head space with a peak height of 48 inches.
- On the sides of the tent, solid material goes up to a little over halfway to increase privacy and block any winds.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Stuff sack material isn’t very durable.
- A bit tough to pack and carry for a backpacker.
- Some reports of a zipper coming off after prolonged use.
- Not enough stakes for the sides, corners, and doors.
- Not ultralight.
- Pre-bent poles are difficult to re-pack.
- Ventilation is inadequate when the fly is zipped up.
- Not enough guyline for the myriad guy points on the fly.
- Fly is susceptible to flapping, and the heavy material sags once it gets wet.
- For solo-backpacking, this tent will take up most of your pack space.
- If you do fast-pitch, this significantly reduces bug protection.
The Marmot Limelight Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is a great option for those who want a spacious, comfortable, durable, and weatherproof tent. The pre-bent poles allow for greater room inside, making this ideal for the camper(s) who enjoy adequate room after a day of camping, but may not be suited for solo-backpackers traveling long distance.