We’ve read the reviews across the web for the POC Tectal Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 123
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Variety of colors.
- Snug fit and secure.
- Provides ample protection.
- Very stable once tightened.
- Vents for breathability.
- Easy to operate with gloves on.
- Velcro circles secure padding on inside of helmet.
- Strap doesn’t rub or chafe ears.
- Fiber grid is placed in keys areas, which improves protection and durability.
- Deep-coverage all-mountain helmet.
- Pressure is distributed around the lid’s circumference.
- Retention dial allows for easy adjustability.
- Ventilation is top-of-the-line.
- Low weight at 343 grams.
- 9 vents across forehead, 3 over the crown, and 5 at the rear.
- Vents can hold glasses.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Fit may not be suited for those with round-shaped heads.
- Rear adjustments have slipped loose on occasion.
- Nowhere to put a light on the back for safety.
- Visor is not big enough that you can fit a pair of goggles underneath.
- No MIPS system.
The POC Tectal Helmet is a stylish, protective, breathable, and minimal-style helmet. Despite a high price, the combination of quality and style make this a solid mountain bike helmet.