We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Asolo Power Matic 200 GV Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 320
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- These boots are stable, rugged and durable.
- Stitching and seams all functional after prolonged use.
- Adequate foot and ankle support.
- Very good traction.
- Ideal load-bearing for backpacking.
- Waterproofing works well.
- Treating the boots with Sno-seal will keep the leather outer water-resistant.
- Rollers allow the laces to securely tighten.
- Micro-pulley system allows sufficient tightening for downhill slopes.
- Sufficient padding around the ankle collar.
- Cushioning around the ankle bone for protection from impact.
- Able to obtain a snug fit while wearing a wool hiking-sock.
- The synthetic shank provides stiffness and stability.
- Leather upper portion of the boot provides rigidity.
- The heavy lugs on the bottom of the boot provide proficient traction in various conditions, like snow, mud, and scree.
- In one study, this boot had the highest waterproofing marks when compared to the competition.
- The fit is medium-volume, but there is a wide option, catering to various foot shapes.
- Features wicking-nylon liner to prevent moisture build-up.
- Removable foot-beds to promote quicker drying time.
- No reports of blisters, hot spots, or chaffing on the foot.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Polyurethane mid-soles may undergo wear-and-tear after use.
- The durability of the tread is questionable.
- Boots do not breathe as well as you may need.
- Not breathable at all in warmer climates.
- Some issues with the sole of the toe separating from the boot.
- Reports of people needing to buy better insoles to put in the shoe.
- After prolonged use, the front lace loops may start to rust.
- Might be too heavy for a backpacking boot, despite being durable and comfortable.
- Longer break-in time compared to other shoes.
- The stiffness of the boot hindered the boot’s ability to smear.
- A heavier weight compared to similar models.
- Only comes in one color.
- No rubber toe cap for protection.
The Asolo Power Matic 200 GV Boot for men is a durable and waterproof boot that is best suited for those who want stable and rugged performance that will last many seasons.