We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Vapor V XS Edge Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 89
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fit is similar to the previous model, but the feel is softer and provides more flexibility.
- An ideal everyday climbing shoe, meant for use on a variety of routes.
- The downturn and asymmetric last is great for precision.
- Fits wide feet comfortably.
- Durable, comfortable, and precise.
- The sole is more sensitive than previous models, so it is easier to feel the ground beneath you.
- The extra rubber on the toe and heel aid in toe/heel-hooking.
- Features 2 Velcro straps for a snug fit and adjustability.
- The downturned shape straightens out once you stand on an edge, and the tension helps direct the power through your toe for a supportive hold and stance.
- The bi-tension rand runs under the toes and along the sides, providing tightness.
- The air-mesh tongue fits to your foot for a comfortable fit.
- The heel is comfortable, due to not feeling like it is being pushed into the ankle.
- Very versatile, acting as both a beginner shoe and suited for more technical terrain.
- The shoe can get into small finger cracks.
- Great for longer climbing days.
- The back of the heel has ridges for heel-hooking.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The heel may feel too big for heel-hooking comfortably.
- Does not make the user feel as secure on dime edges.
- Not the best choice for solely crack-climbing.
- Somewhat expensive for a beginner shoe.
The Scarpa Vapor V XS Edge Climbing Shoe focuses on comfort, technique, and durability. The versatility this shoe provides makes it great for sport climbing and multi-pitch routes.