We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Mythos Vibram XS Grip2 Climbing Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 173
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Unique lacing method allows you to dial-in how they fit on all parts of your foot.
- Leather is smooth and comfortable right out of the box.
- Ideal for long, moderate routes, and all-day comfort.
- Ability to be re-soled.
- Do not have a large angle, so they are a good choice for a variety of climbing.
- Any level of climber can use this shoe due to the versatile design.
- Adept at smearing, slabs, cracks, and some technical-face climbs.
- Soft shoe that provides all-day comfort.
- Unique lacing system that wraps around the heel for security.
- Padded tongue and soft leather for optimal comfort.
- Feels soft and flexible, allowing you to paste your foot to the wall and feel the surface.
- Extra stick-power in crack-climbing.
- Lack of any down-turn keeps them comfortable when foot-jamming.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Highly recommended to down-size.
- Not rigid enough.
- Doesn’t fit all foot-types so make sure to try on first.
- Too bendable in the shoe for some climbers.
- Isn’t the best shoe for hard-core heel-hooking due to relaxed heel.
- Lack in edging precision due to the shoe stretching out.
- Doesn’t propel your feet into pockets like an aggressive shoe would.
- Take longer to put on due to lacing system.
- Time-consuming to re-lace.
The La Sportiva Mythos Vibram XS Grip2 Climbing Shoe for women is a well-designed entry-level climbing shoe that is extremely comfortable for most feet.