We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Backcountry All Around 60L Duffel and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 44
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Removable backpack straps for versatile wear.
- Lots of pockets for increased organization.
- Includes a waterproof compartment especially for wet clothes or shoes to keep moisture out of the main compartment.
- The compression straps keep things in place inside the bag, especially when wearing it as a backpack.
- The external zipper that opens to the waterproof compartment is great for separating dirty things from the main body of the bag.
- A quality bag with the standard features for a good price.
- Has a u-shaped zipper for easy access to the main pocket.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- This isn’t the burliest bag on the market and is prone to wear and tear, particularly on airplanes.
- There are no side-straps on the ends of the duffel.
- Although users like the internal waterproof compartment, some feel it takes up too much of the bag.
- This bag lacks durability, especially compared to other models at similar prices.
- Not as weather-resistant as other models as it lacks a waterproof laminate coating.
- Limited color options and a very conspicuous logo.
The Backcountry All Around 60L Duffel is a versatile duffel suitable for airplane travel, camping, car travel, international backpacking, and everything in between. Users particularly love the gear-separation compartment that can keep dirty clothes or shoes away from the main compartment, and the compression straps that keep gear in place. This duffel does lack a bit in durability and waterproofing, especially compared to bags at similar price points.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.