We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Filson Original Briefcase and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 343
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- This product provides a balance between weight and carrying capacity.
- The design is simple and classic.
- Craftsmanship is high quality.
- Features three interior pockets for ample storage.
- Able to last for multiple years of daily use.
- Heavy duty zippers with convenient leather pulls allow for easy opening and closing.
- The outer pocket is convenient for the quick storage of items.
- The leather is firm, but comfortable.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable and removable for versatility.
- The one zipper on the bag is big and easy to grab.
- The leather zipper pulls are easy to use.
- Rugged and water-resistant outer layer.
- Features leather handles, straps, and accents for added style and durability.
- An ideal bag for office items like a laptop, notebook, and magazines, but not necessarily random-shaped items.
- Features a storm flap to make sure your laptop doesn’t get wet.
- Easy to clean and odor-resistant.
- The brass clip inside the front outer pocket can be used to clip your keys onto for convenience.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some color discrepancies online versus in person.
- Some people wish the bag had a better organizing system for smaller items.
- The section that holds a laptop isn’t padded, so you have to be careful while carrying.
- The leather might be a little stiff for some people.
- Somewhat heavier weight for a bag at more than 3 pounds.
The Filson Original Briefcase is a classic, durable, stylish, and functional bag that can be used for a variety of activities, but serves optimally as a briefcase for going to the office or school. The ample storage pockets, water-resistant outer layer, and carrying straps make it functional, protective from the elements, and easy to transport.