We’ve read the reviews across the web for the MSR XGK EX Multi-Fuel Stove and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 174
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Incredibly fuel efficient.
- Wide and sturdy pot supports.
- Works great at high elevation.
- Incredibly reliable.
- Boils snow faster than some stoves can even melt it.
- While it says to only use MSR bottles, this stove will work with most bottles out there.
- Incredibly durable pump that requires very little maintenance.
- A simple and reliable stove system.
- This very sturdy stove supports huge pots on stable ground.
- Burn anything from diesel to white gas with no problems.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Only temp control comes from regulating pumps.
- Loud enough to double as a signal horn.
- Can’t do any fancy cooking.
- There are cheaper and lighter competitors that do as much or more.
- Can’t burn canister gas.
- Poor flame control.
- Bulky and heavy with a stiff fuel hose.
- So very loud.
An expedition worthy stove, the MSR XGK EX Multi-Fuel Stove is a simple bottle and pump system that totes unparalleled reliability and versatility over lightness. While it is a little loud, with no real way to turn it down, if you need snow to turn into boiling water with amazing fuel efficiency and everytime reliability, there really is no substitute for the MSR XGK EX Multi-Fuel Stove.