We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Jetboil Flash Stove and summarize the results below:
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fast, efficient and can be taken anywhere.
- Components all fit securing inside the stove for packing.
- The logo on the side changes color when the water inside is boiling.
- Clean and mess-proof.
- Great for not only backpacking but also camping.
- Boils water faster than my car caming stove.
- Measuring lines on inside of container are helpful.
- No frills and great value if you want to boil water quickly.
- Excellent backpacking stove that is compact, ultralight and self-contained.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The color boiling indicator on the side stopped working.
- Wind can affect its performance.
- Not all 3rd party fuel canisters fit in the cup for packing.
- The ignition stopped working after about 100 uses.
- Does not simmer, so only good for boiling water.
- No base to support frying pan.
- If you want to be able to simmer, look at the MiniMo, not the Flash.
- Wind can slow it down.
- The MiniMo is more versatile and performs better across the board.
- Other stoves are faster in the cold or the wind.
- Must allow pot to cool before removing it from stove.
- The bottom cup is weak.
The Jetboil Flash Stove is lightweight, efficient and easy to use. While not the best in cold and windy conditions, nor able to simmer, the Flash provides a reliable option for backpackers looking primarily to boil water quickly.