We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Stopper Set #4-13 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 68
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The stoppers are labeled with their size on the wire tag, where it does not rub off as easily.
- Stick strongly and reliably.
- Comes with a carabiner.
- Color-coded for easy identification,
- Enough size range in the set to fit many different settings.
- A great starter kit for trad climbing.
- Easy to clean out of rock.
- The smaller sizes are particularly excellent.
- The rounded edges make them easier to clean off the rock.
- Great durability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Don’t do well on irregular rock or flaring cracks.
- More difficult to set than other models.
- Not flared enough for good sideways placements.
- Do not work for flaring cracks.
- Don’t fit as large a range of cracks as other models.
The Black Diamond Stopper Set #4-13 is a great set for people looking to build their trad rack with reliable, durable nuts. Although not suitable for flared cracks, they work well in most other settings and are easy to remove when finished. The color coding makes it easy to select the right piece, and the size range is good for almost any wall.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.