We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Ventrix Hooded Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 479
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable in a variety of different temperatures.
- Wind resistance up to around 20 mph.
- Good durability.
- Good breathability even when active or wearing packs.
- Even though the jacket has a slim-fit, you can still layer some tight garments underneath it.
- Chest pocket is tall allowing large smartphones or other objects to fit within.
- Thick nylon material on forearms helps prevent tearing.
- Can withstand colder temperatures better than its competitor, the Patagonia Nano-Air.
- Cheaper than its counterparts.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Runs small and tends to be tight around the armpits.
- Doesn’t pack down well.
- Slim fit can restrict layers underneath.
- Not as breathable as the Patagonia Nano-Air.
- Doesn’t pack well.
- Heavier than its counterparts.
- Hood is not helmet friendly and cannot be adjusted.
The North Face Ventrix Hooded Insulated Jacket for men is a nice synthetic insulated jacket at with an affordable price. The Ventrix rivals Patagonia’s Nano-Air in comfort and even has the edge in warmth. Unlike its Patagonia counterpart though, the Ventrix is not helmet friendly and is less breathable. The Ventrix can be worn for casual use or for cold weather activities making it a versatile piece of gear for someone on a budget.