We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Aether AG 70L Backpack and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 95 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: 4.6 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 78
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and fairly lightweight, but can carry heavy gear.
- The padded straps allow you to carry heavy weight without them digging into your shoulders.
- Pack can reportedly be used as flotation aid.
- Easy to access gear due to convenient storage pockets.
- Easy to load.
- Padded hip belt for comfort and support.
- Large mesh pocket on the back for ventilation.
- Easy access to the water bottle pockets without having to stop.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- The top and side zipper open to the main compartment.
- Features trekking pole holders.
- Hydration reservoir sleeve holder for convenience.
- Detachable day pack with features like ice ax loop.
- The hip belt has 2 large zippered pockets for easy access.
- The high quality foam in the hip belt and shoulder straps combine comfort and support.
- Strong metal frame and suspended back panel for support and ventilation.
- Useful and strong compression straps.
- Convenient for heavier loads due to the high quality hip belt and suspension.
- Outside Magazine Gear of the Year award.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No rain cover included.
- Lack of exterior pockets.
- Takes some time to get the pack adjusted to your body.
- Straps and belts can be squeaky.
- No zippered front pockets.
- Relatively heavy weight, but similar to the competition.
The Osprey Packs Aether AG 70L Backpack carries heavy loads comfortably – plain and simple. The pack has an abundance of features and is well-designed and functional. While its comfort and bells and whistles come with a weight penalty, this pack is a top choice for backpackers.