We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Petzl Micro Traxion Pulley and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 90 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 115
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Compact and lightweight.
- Very versatile.
- Moves smoothly on the rope.
- Catches very quickly.
- Very durable.
- The rope feeds through smoothly.
- Simple to set up.
- Small and light.
- Easy to clamp but difficult to be accidentally opened.
- The sealed bearings increase efficiency.
- The 91% pulling efficiency is great for hauling.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Pretty expensive.
- Small enough that it requires some dexterity and may not be suitable for using with gloves.
- Can be difficult to disengage.
- Doesn’t always stay unlocked during a rappel because it engages so efficiently.
- Very, very difficult to loosen the clamp once it is weighted.
The Petzl Micro Traxion Pulley is one of the smallest, lightest, and most efficient pulleys on the market, and yes, it is as good as it sounds. This versatile piece is incredibly lightweight while also offering 91% pulling efficiency and a fast catch when you need it. The grip is almost too reliable, and it can be quite difficult to undo the pulley, but the security it offers is worth it, especially for the ease of use compared to bulkier models.