We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mercury Wheels G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset – Tubeless and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.8 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 37
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Very lightweight.
- Able to change between gravel and road wheels efficiently.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Provides a smooth ride.
- Responsive feedback.
- Tubeless set-up is easy and quick.
- Stiffness provided is enough to be able to get out of the saddle when riding.
- Wider width on internal rim provides ample air volume.
- Matte finish is stylish.
- Tubeless compatible for adjustability.
- Wheels are XD-driver compatible.
- Accommodates a wider tire.
- Rounded out with double-butted spokes for efficiency.
- Features two sealed-bearings in the front and four sealed-bearings in the rear for proficiency and security.
- Swapping the end caps make the wheels 12 or 15mm axle compatible in the front, and QR or 142x12mm compatible in the rear, enhancing adjutability and customization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of wheel spokes breaking.
- The valves are on the shorter side, making it more difficult to get sealant in.
- Disc-brake only is slightly limited.
- Not the lightest on the market.
- Expensive option.
The Mercury Wheels G1 Carbon Disc Wheelset is an easy-to-set-up, durable, and adjustable tubeless wheelset that is suitable for intense cyclists. The high-quality materials make this a good option for cyclists wanting to get the most out of their ride.