We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tacx Neo Smart Direct Driver Trainer and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 4.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 171
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides a very realistic ride for an indoor trainer.
- The software update provides a road feel and realistic sounds for functionality.
- You are able to feel the incline and descents and shift in real time to provide an enhanced outdoor-feel.
- This driver trainer is very quiet so you won’t disrupt anyone else around you.
- Easy to set it up and connect to Bluetooth.
- Contains road simulating feel of different terrain to increase outdoor-feel accuracy.
- Quiet and can function without being plugged in for versatility.
- Offers advanced power metrics to those who care about their performance numbers.
- Simulates both descents and ascents accurately.
- Contains Bluetooth connectivity and ANT+ equipment control protocol for technology compatibility.
- Provides a great road-feel and is virtually silent during use.
- The ability to move side to side during longer rides provides comfort to the rider.
- You can use virtual training programs to ensure you stay on track while cycling indoors.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A very expensive option compared to other choices on the market.
- Doesn’t come with thru-axle adapters, which limits the versatility.
- Not the best option to use in workout or ergo mode since you can’t get out of the saddle and sway.
- You can’t move the bike side-to-side during long climbs or out of the saddle sections, reducing the capabilities.
- Takes up a large footprint, which might be too big for some spaces.
- Doesn’t come with the necessary adapters, limiting the functionality.
- The functions and the quietness of the Neo might not outweigh the high price point.
TheTacx Neo Smart Direct Driver Trainer is a tech-savvy, realistic, and comfortable option that provides a road-like feel for the avid outdoor cyclist. Despite not letting you sway the bike during out of the saddle efforts, and costing an extreme amount of money, if you are a dedicated cyclist, the extra cash might not deter you from this functional choice. With tech compatibility and virtually-no noise generated during use, this driver trainer is quiet, high-quality, and progressive.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.