We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mercury Wheels M1 Disc Brake Wheelset – Clincher and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 31
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Light and responsive.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Doesn’t feel heavy when riding.
- Stiff in order to provide quickness and support, but not a rough ride.
- No durability issues after prolonged use.
- Noticeable benefit on riding performance on short and steep climbs.
- Stayed round after a full racing season.
- No issues with using the tubeless set up.
- The logo is stylish and etched onto the tires.
- Reasonable price for high-quality.
- Lightweight, but remains durable.
- Features an 18mm internal rim to provide a stable platform.
- Capable with 25mm tires.
- The tubeless feature allows for lower tire pressure.
- Using tubeless creates a smoother ride.
- Well suited for cyclists who prefer 23 or 25mm tires over a wider choice.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of being tedious to maintain and use.
- Not the lighest option on the market.
- Wouldn’t be the best choice for 33mm tires because the platform is too narrow.
The Mercury Wheels M1 Disc Brake Wheelset – Clincher is a great choice for cyclists who prefer narrower tires, a smooth ride, tubeless setup, and a lightweight wheelset. Despite not being able to handle wider tires, this brake wheelset excels at what it is meant for – serving the most popular tire widths on the market today.