We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KS LEV DX Dropper Seatpost and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 89
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The three positions are pre-set which makes for easy set-up.
- Easy to install and is sturdy during use.
- Raises with a noise to let the user confidently set the post.
- The anodized post is very smooth.
- One of the lighter seat-posts at 525g.
- The cable actuation is much easier to maintain and performs better than hydraulic.
- The same function and performance as the more expensive version, at a less expensive price.
- The post is reliable and works well.
- Easy to service and the parts are all available for replacement if needed.
- The fixed cable entry point is low and out of the way of external routing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Can feel a little bit of movement while using despite being sturdy.
- Some reports of the internal seals failing after minimal use.
- Adjusting the cable route requires you to completely disassemble the post.
- The cable adjustment takes a little longer to install.
- The dropped post guide tube interferes a little with the brake lever.
The KS LEV DX Dropper Seatpost is a sturdy, easy-to-use, and minimalist option that is well-suited for those who want a functional and easy to maintain seatpost. Despite having to disassemble the post to adjust the cable routing and a little bit longer installation, the ability of this seatpost to function and perform just as well as the more expensive version makes it a great choice for any rider.