We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Gamma LT Hooded Softshell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 102
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile and lightweight.
- Adequate water-resistance.
- Slightly roomy fit for easy layering.
- Stylish material and fit.
- Hood has ample room and provides warmth.
- Hood can easily fit over a helmet for activities.
- Features zippered pockets, as well as an inner pocket.
- Good for using in intense or high-energy activities due to ventilation and breathability.
- Lighter weight than similar soft shell jackets.
- Able to be worn with or without layers underneath.
- Able to bead-off water in light precipitation due to the DWR treatment.
- Air permeable fabric compromises wind-resistance, but allows for enhanced breathability.
- Hood is adjustable with three cinches for full customization.
- Ideal mobility without being too bulky.
- Gusseted underarm allow for ample mobility, especially when reaching overhead in climbing.
- Stiffened-brim allows for full precipitation protection from the face.
- Zipper features No-Slip quality, preventing the zipper from sliding down during use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Sleeve-length may be too long for some body types.
- May need to size-down if you don’t want to layer a lot underneath.
- The strings to tighten the hood are on the inside, making it less efficient to tighten or loosen quickly.
- The area under the arm pits is a little tight when reaching overhead.
- Cannot be packed into itself for easy storage.
- Not waterproof.
- Failed early-on in a shower test along the shoulders and back.
- Does not have wrist closures for sealing in the warmth.
- Despite breathability, moisture can still build up inside.
The Arc’teryx Gamma LT Hooded Softshell Jacket for men is best used as an active layer for climbers, skiers, and snowboarders, who want a versatile option that provides warmth and breathability during activities. The durability and light weight make this jacket a top choice for high intensity outdoor activities.