We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia PowSlayer Bib Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 36
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The fabric is heavy-duty and abrasion-resistant.
- The suspenders are easy to adjust and are removable for full functionality.
- Fully waterproof for additional weather protection.
- The zips can help provide extra temperature regulation.
- Provides ample mobility for outdoor activities.
- The Gore-Tex material makes this bib pant completely protective from inclement weather.
- Lightweight for how heavy-duty the material is.
- Works well for those who are consistently in the backcountry during inclement weather.
- Features giant pockets for ample gear storage.
- Contains reinforcements around the bottom of the pant legs for extra durability against crampons.
- The zippers down the sides go to your knees for extra ventilation and breathability.
- Features articulated hips and knees for extra mobility.
- The gaiters help seal out any snow to keep your feet warm and dry.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the fit being too baggy and not fitting certain body types.
- The zippers can be tedious to use with one hand, showing a lack of compatibility.
- The material can be a bit noisy during use, which can get annoying to the wearer.
- The pockets are placed on top of the thigh portion of the pants, which can rub against your legs during use.
- Expensive compared to other options on the market.
- The fit might end up being a little baggy and short for some body types.
The Patagonia PowSlayer Bib Pant for men is a durable, protective, and mobile option that works well for extended backcountry use and tough weather conditions. Despite being at the higher end of the price spectrum and having some issues with the fit, if you try these on before purchasing and find they work for your body type, then this bib pant will keep you dry for many seasons.