We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Camp Chef Rainier Camper Griddle/Grill/Stove Combo and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 76
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to use.
- Big enough size to adequately cook and also pack.
- Easy to clean.
- The set-up is simple and quick.
- Very little assembly right out of the box.
- Comes with multiple cooking surfaces for a variety of cooking styles and types of food.
- Non-stick surfaces are provided.
- Easy one-push ignition with adjustable flame.
- Heat controls are easy to adjust.
- The burners are high-quality and work well.
- The button continuously and consistently works to turn the stove on.
- Provided with a long burner to enhance the griddle and grill efficiency.
- The griddle is space-efficient.
- Evenly cooks meals without drying out the food.
- Easy to clean up after use.
- The burner and grill evenly distributed heat for cooking food thoroughly.
- A great option for a hybrid stove/grill.
- You can ignite the flame without matches, making for easy use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not possible for the grill and griddle to combine with the stove for storing.
- No storage space for the second grill top since the bag doesn’t have an extra pocket, and both won’t fit inside one pocket.
- The grill and the griddle have a tendency to get warped after use since they are thin.
- Slightly difficult to have the burner and grill area working simultaneously.
- Grease has reportedly collected inside the body of the stove.
- The tote bag is not useful and not durable.
- The knobs can sometimes micro-adjust and not stay at the heat you want them to.
- The grease reservoir is shallow, causing the grease to overflow or require constant emptying.
- Reports of the igniter stopping after prolonged use.
- The carry bag is comprised of cheap material.
- The handle can cause indentations in the fingers due to the rough material.
- The grill portion takes up a significant portion of the cook-top.
- Hard to keep the flame alight in very windy conditions.
The Camp Chef Rainier Camper Griddle/Grill/Stove Combo is a mid-range option for campers who want a hybrid combination piece that will evenly cook their food. The flimsy carrying bag and some durability questions should be considered, but if the price is right, this could be a fine choice.