We’ve read the reviews across the web for the MSR Flex 4 Cooking System and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 82 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.1 stars
Expert Rating: 4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 72
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The insulated cups can keep your drinks hot during camping trips.
- Easy to pack for efficient transport during camping or backpacking trips.
- Features high-quality materials and construction.
- The non-stick surfaces are easy to clean for consistent use.
- The four plates are deep-dish to prevent spills and messes.
- The lid fits on both pans for additional functionality and compatibility.
- Packs efficiently into a small size for easy transportability.
- The pan’s handle is detachable for storing in a backpack.
- The kit contains plenty of cooking items, like bigger-sized pots, strainer lids, deep dish plates, and four insulated mugs for family use.
- Both lids have insulated tabs to prevent your fingers getting burned during use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some instances of the non-stick coating peeling off after use, showing a lack of durability.
- The plastic mugs are lightweight, but do not insulate as well as stainless steel cups.
- The kit is not compatible with the MSR Flex Skillet for added functionality.
- The covers can sometimes loose during use, requiring the user to hold the covers on while cooking.
- The mugs are strangely-shaped, which might deters some users from purchasing this kit.
The MSR Flex 4 Cooking System is a functional, packable, and lightweight option that works well for family camping use. With multiple cooking items, like different-sized pots, lids, mugs, and deep-dish plates, this system makes it easy and efficient to cook any type of food around the campfire.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.