We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Rio Azul Waders – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.9 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 34
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Elastic belt aids in cinching the waders tight at the waist.
- Fabric is burly without being too bulky.
- Allows for adequate mobility.
- Very durable over multiple seasons of use.
- Good fit and comfortable material.
- Articulations around the crotch for comfort and mobility.
- Breathable and ventilates well.
- Dry bag stitched into them for functionality.
- Versatile in multiple climates.
- Waterproof pocket to securely hold valuables.
- Least expensive waders that Patagonia makes.
- Lightest and most breathable option for waders from Patagonia.
- Easy to travel with due to light weight and compressibility.
- Affordable and comfortable.
- Cut is slim and doesn’t feel bulky.
- 4-layer fabric is comprised of waterproof exterior for weather protection.
- Pulls moisture away from skin to thermoregulate.
- Booties are comprised of 4mm neoprene and are anatomically made for each foot.
- Built-in gravel guards clip to boot laces to keep debris out.
- Able to unfasten shoulder harness and clip to waist, to use without the chest section, for enhanced mobility and breathability.
- Waterproof inside pocket for secure storage.
- Compressible for easy transportation.
- Material is durable and helps repel water, aiding in quick-drying ability.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- No front zipper pocket.
- Not very expensive in terms of Patagonia waders, but still a decent amount to spend.
- Might not be warm enough for winter.
- No outside pocket for storage.
- Felt hotter than other models.
- Heavier fabric than some other models, despite feeling lightweight.
- Quality of neoprene booties may not be as high as some of the competition, due to the lack of Merino wool.
The Patagonia Rio Azul Waders for men is a versatile, durable, and comfortable wader that is suitable for a variety of conditions and climates. Despite not having a front zipper pocket and possibly not being warm enough for winter, this set of waders is a high-quality option for anglers looking to buy a weatherproof and mobile product for their fishing season.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4.