We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Simms Headwaters Pro Stockingfoot Wader – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 52
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The Gore-Tex keeps you warm and dry on cold and wet days for added comfort.
- The gravel guards are compatible with boots to prevent any outside debris from getting inside of your boots during use.
- The clip on the first cross of laces prevents your laces from coming undone and your shoes from becoming loose during wear.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-term use over multiple fishing seasons.
- The booties let you feel the traction of the ground beneath your feet so you can walk confidently.
- The booties are well-cut and provide a snug, but comfortable, fit.
- The neoprene booties fit snugly and securely for all-day comfort.
- Combines toughness and comfort into one product for long-term use.
- The handwarmer pockets keep you nimble and comfortable on cold days.
- The waders are a good price for the quality of the product that you get.
- Features plenty of loops and attachment points for carrying small items without taking up pocket space.
- The chest pockets are plenty big for holding bigger items or warming your hands during cold days.
- The suspender elasticity provides ample mobility for a full range of motion.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of leaks occurring in the waders, rendering the product virtually useless in wet conditions.
- The material can fray and lack durability at the seams and where there is extensive wear, like at the knee areas.
- The thickness of the leg material is different between the back and the front, causing some disunity and uneven wear and tear.
- You might need to try-on in-person before purchasing to find the correct size, which can be tedious and time-consuming.
- Contains only a few extra features, so may not be the best choice for those who want plenty of attachment points or tech-savvy extras.
The Simms Headwaters Pro Stockingfoot Wader for men is a protective, warm, and functional option that works well for holding all of your gear, attaching small items, and keeping you comfortable during a variety of weather conditions. Although finding the right fit can take some time, the benefits of durability and all-day comfort are well worth the time.