We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smith Forefront 2 MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 81
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Ventilation is top of the line and enhances breathability.
- Adjustability allows for a snug fit.
- Feels good and lightweight while wearing.
- Visor sits well and doesn’t impede vision, but adequately protects.
- Good color choices and stylish options.
- Able to integrate sunglasses and sit on top of the visor.
- Dial tightener in the back to secure a snug fit.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Very protective and safe.
- Many reports of the MIPS liner aiding in protecting against rotational impacts in crashes.
- The visor is longer than previous version, aiding in blocking from debris.
- Feels lightweight, but still has a snug fit.
- Vaporfit retention system allows for customization and securing the helmet.
- Visor has 3 positions for customization and allowing goggles to be worn underneath.
- Integrated accessory mount on the top for versatility.
- The helmet fits around and encompasses your head, instead of sitting on top.
- The chin strap is smooth and doesn’t rub.
- Very comfortable, despite using only minimal padding.
- Variety of colors available for personalization.
- Slim fit and stylish.
- No reports of pressure points or hot spots.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the fit not working for some head shapes.
- Despite being longer than the previous version, some people would like an even longer visor.
- The vents are not the largest and are obstructed by some of the material.
- No goggle retention strap in the back to secure the goggles.
- Some reports of pressure around the temples when the helmet is fully tightened.
- 17 of the vents are blocked by some of the padding, impeding breathability.
The Smith Forefront 2 MIPS Helmet is a high-quality helmet that provides solid protection from rough crashes due to the MIPS liner and durable material. The multiple reports of this helmet being safe, adjustable, lightweight, and durable, makes this a great choice for any level of cyclist, as long as you don’t care about spending some extra money.