We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Deviator Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Very soft and comfortable.
- Good for layering.
- Excellent at distributing warmth.
- Pockets lie flat and contribute to an overall flattering fit.
- Hood fits well to the head.
- Offers good range of motion.
- Hood is fitted to not block peripheral vision.
- Breathes well.
- Lightweight design.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The slim fit can make sizing a bit confusing, but the Outdoor Research website provides good sizing tips.
- The size difference between Medium and Large is significant.
- Side pockets do not have zippers.
- The quilted material is particularly thin and can tear easily.
- Can fit a bit tight, particularly in the shoulders.
- The technical look is not always versatile for off the mountain and around town.
The Outdoor Research Deviator Hooded Insulated Jacket for women is a light, breathable, and versatile hoody perfect for high-output activities on cold days. A favorite for winter runners, this hoody offers the comfort of a fleece with the extra insulation of a down vest to distribute heat well on cold days, and works well for layering. The sizing on this hoody is the most common complaint, but those who find a good fit love it to keep them warm for everything from rock climbing to running and skiing.