We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Down Sweater Full-Zip Hooded Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 492
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Can pack down to a small size.
- Very warm and versatile.
- Fits true to size.
- The longer-length fit keeps warmth in at the bottom of the jacket.
- Roomier fit allows for layering underneath.
- Built-in stuff pocket.
- High-chin zip with soft fleece liner prevents chaffing.
- Internal chest pocket for keeping valuables safe.
- Longer-length fit prevents the jacket from riding up.
- Stylish and variety of color choices.
- Ethically collected down.
- Scored 9/10 in the warmth category when compared to other similar jackets.
- Hood features fuzzy fleece where it touches your face, increasing the warmth factor.
- 20D and 30D recycled polyester rip-stop fabric help prevent snags and tears.
- DWR finish helps prevent the down material from getting wet from light precipitation.
- Smaller baffles on the sides of the jacket for improved mobility and flexibility.
- The shaping is ideal for a woman’s figure, with a tighter fit in the arms and side panels, allowing for greater warmth in those areas.
- Holds up to durability test in variety of conditions, such as tree branches and rock scrapes.
- Hood can fit over or under a helmet.
- 800-fill down warmth.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Despite having a rip-stop, the shell material can still tear.
- New sizing parameters compared to previous jackets could be problematic for some body-types (slimmer fit in the waist and longer length).
- Stitching on the seams can snag on the pocket zippers.
- Some may not like the roomier and boxy fit.
- Not ideal for intense activity due to less breathability than other lightweight jackets and non-waterproof material.
- Warm for its weight, but not a replacement winter coat.
- Fabric gets dirty easily and shows stains.
- Average/good in all categories, but doesn’t excel in one particular feature.
- Heavier than other lightweight jackets, but is a trade-off for having a warmer jacket.
- Boxier cut could make it difficult to layer underneath without adding extra bulk.
- Not conveniently packable into a small enough size.
- Can look dirty relatively fast, especially in lighter colors.
- Can find cheaper options that provide the same amount of warmth.
The Patagonia Down Sweater Full-Zip Hooded Jacket for women provides a stylish, versatile, and comfortable jacket. The color choices, warmth factor, cozy fit, durable material, and lightweight nature make this an ideal choice for outdoor adventures.