We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX Backpacking Boot – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 96
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Solid ankle support.
- No break-in period needed.
- Soles have excellent traction.
- Large toe box accommodates hikers with plantar fasciitis or who just need more room in the toes.
- Tightness of laces can be adjusted separately for toes and heel.
- Sturdy, supportive and comfortable.
- Waterproofing works.
- Lacing system is very adjustable.
- Very stable.
- Suitable for day hikes and backpacking trips on all kinds of terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Soles did not grip as well on slick rock as Vibram would.
- A little warm on hot days, but still fairly breathable.
- Boots were uncomfortable for wearers with high arches, metatarsal pain or wide feet.
- Heavy and bulky.
- A few users reported the soles coming apart after moderate use.
The Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX Backpacking Boot for women is a sturdy backpacking boot. The boots are comfortable right out of the box, although women with very wide feet or high arches found they did not fit well. The boots breathe but may be a little warm on hot days, while a Gore-Tex membrane keeps the water out. The boot is designed for multi-day backpacking trips, but is comfortable to wear on day hikes, work days and walking around town.