We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Nike Free RN Flyknit Running Shoe – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 343
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Mesh of the shoe is very comfortable and breathable.
- The upper is comfortable enough to wear without socks if desired, hugging your foot to make it feel like it’s not even there.
- The shoes provide more support than a true minimalist shoe while maintaining their lightweight design.
- Sole construction updated in the 2018 version to include a dual midsole, which gives even more spring with each step.
- Modestly stylish design means they can be worn for working out, around town, or in business casual settings.
- Elastic knit and breathable mesh heel fit foot naturally and allow for ventilation from back of foot.
- Sole is extremely flexible, lending the shoe a more minimalist feel while still being comfortable.
- Updated midsole in the Nike Free RN Flyknit 2018 provides more stability than previous models.
- Lacing system distributes tension evenly throughout middle of foot and gives the shoe its comfortably snug feel.
- Toe box accommodates full foot splay, and upward curve of toe box ensures consistently smooth push-off.
- Very good midsole energy transfer makes this a great shoe for speed training or racing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- While the shoe is breathable, the mesh makes it easier for debris to enter the shoe while running/walking.
- Differences in design from the 2017 to 2018 models mean they may not fit some foot shapes the same way, particularly in the toe box area.
- Tri-star sole allows rocks and pebbles to get easily caught in the soles while running or walking.
- May run small depending on foot shape- recommended to try on in person to get a good fit.
- Some shoe colors may not appear in real life as they do online.
- Large price tag compared to some similar shoes on the market that may last longer. Soft upper is prone to wear and tear.
- Upper material on sides of shoe has a wide mesh that can be very breathable, but in inclement weather does not protect the foot.
- The shoe holds up and performs well only on even/paved surfaces, and isn’t meant for running long distances.
- Minimal outsole coverage leads to a less durable base of the shoe.
The Nike Free RN Flyknit running shoe for women is an extremely lightweight, breathable, and comfortable shoe that is well suited for the gym, the office, walks, or road runs. The amazing flexibility and springy sole of the shoe make it ideal for shorter road runs, races, and speed training, while the sleek look translates well to the office or city. While not meant to withstand water, mud, off road runs, or longer runs, this shoe is almost unbeatable in terms of breathability and comfort on the road.