We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Zen Pro Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 79
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- It is comfortable and uses high-quality materials.
- Gives you torsional rigidity to provide support and stability.
- Great for extended approaches due to the fit and feel.
- Works well on varied terrain due to the effective non-slip grip.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- Bellowed tongue attaches the sides to the upper, making the shoe watertight.
- Well-built and durable.
- Great for scrambling.
- Able to withstand the ruggedness of wall climbing.
- Stiff and has a burly and protective toe rand to keep debris out.
- Great for the backcountry where you need a supportive shoe and may need to carry heavy weight.
- Heel holds firmly and provides some room in the front for your toes.
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps out moisture.
- Vibram outsole provides flat tread and wide lugs for grip on varied terrain.
- Reinforced arch provides comfort during prolonged use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A bit heavy when compared to other similar models.
- Some sizing issues due to being the adequate length, but the toe box not fitting correctly.
- Fits a little tight due to the width running narrow.
- Due to the heavier weight, they are not the best for non-technical approach climbs, or if you have to carry your shoes.
The Scarpa Zen Pro Shoe for men is a durable, rugged, and supportive shoe that is best suited for scrambling due to the tough materials and heavier weight. Once you get the sizing correct, you will be able to securely grip a variety of terrain confidently, and be able to use this shoe for various outdoor activities, ideally for technical approaches.