We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Danner Skyridge Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 280
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile to wear around the city and on the mountain due to the stylish look.
- Very lightweight for comfort during long days.
- The laces provide a snug and secure fit for various terrain.
- Great traction on rock and slippery surfaces.
- Provides room around the toes for a comfortable fit.
- Minimal break-in period which enhances ease of use and compatibility.
- Works well in both cities and the trails, since the grip is efficient on both pavement and varying terrain.
- Vintage look and style for a timeless look.
- Durable and high-quality craftsmanship for a long-lasting boot.
- Lightweight and comfortable for everyday use.
- Contain a good tread and grip for various terrain.
- The higher lace-up option offers increased ankle support to prevent rolling.
- Features a Danner Dry liner to keep water out and keep your feet dry.
- Combines comfortable suede with durable ripstop and rubber for protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- After a long hike, the tongue can rub against your ankle and cause some chaffing.
- Reports of color discrepancies viewing the product online versus arriving in person.
- Might not have the best support for long miles on various terrain due to the lack of support.
- Not the most breathable option on the market, which limits the ventilation during hot summer days.
- Some reports of the sizing running a bit large, so you may want to try these on before purchasing.
- Can’t adjust the tongue around the ankle area to prevent rubbing against your skin.
- Not re-craftable by the company in case anything happens to the boot.
The Danner Skyridge Boot for men is a versatile, lightweight, and high-grip boot that works well in the city and on the trails. Despite some issues with the sizing, the tongue rubbing against the ankle, and a lack of breathability, this could be a good choice for hikers who want a versatile and lightweight boot to wear for a variety of conditions.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.