We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima CoreBar Base Rack Bars and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 144
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sturdy construction.
- Work well and are durable.
- Strong crossbar.
- Fairly easy to install, though instructions could be more detailed and clear.
- These are quality racks that are good value for the money.
- Aerodynamic; quieter than earlier products.
- Can carry up to 220 pounds.
- Well-made, reliable product.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Although the manufacturer claims that this system is quiet, users report significant noise about 35 mph.
- Several customers received incorrect end caps for the passenger and driver sides, though Yakima did resolve the problems.
- End caps sometimes fall off.
- Heavier than alloy bars.
- Expensive, especially for being manufactured outside of the US.
Yakima CoreBar Base Rack Bars are roof mounted bars that securely carry your bicycles, kayak, cargo box or whatever else you need to haul on your roof. They are aerodynamic and quieter than other roof racks, but you may hear more noise than you might hope, especially over 35 to 45 miles per hour. The rack bars are sturdy, durable and relatively easy to install.