We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Fritschi Vipec EVO 12 Bindings and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 31
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The release reliability provides user confidence while skiing in tough conditions.
- The lateral release aids in the functionality and safety when compared to toe and heel release.
- Features quick and easy toe step-in for efficiency getting into the binding.
- Functional to provide quick-release when needed, but also remain stiff during intense conditions.
- Provides a full range of motion and freedom to use while in uphill and walk mode.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Lightweight and functional for all-day comfort.
- Lightweight when compared to other tech bindings on the market.
- The heel risers are easy to engage for added efficiency.
- You can easily switch from ski to tour mode on-the-go thanks to the sliding heel plate.
- The heel and toe retention increases safety and consistent reliability.
- The tour-to-ski mode increases versatility for use in a wide variety of skiing conditions.
- Provides a very secure and solid feel when skiing downhill, due to the toe design and heel-boot connection.
- The toe and heel are quickly and easily adjustable to personalize your fit.
- The larger actuation platform makes this binding compatible with nearly all alpine touring boots.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The feel is kind of harsh and tough when using in uneven vertical terrain, so you may need to purchase another kind of binding solely for this purpose.
- Slightly tedious to get in and out of, reducing the efficiency and beginner ease-of-use.
- Harder to get in and out of than other tech bindings, slightly reducing the ease-of-use.
- The construction is comprised of mainly plastic, which is harmful to the environment and can break easier than other materials.
- Difficult and tedious to get the binding to quickly lock while in downhill mode, making them a hard choice for beginners.
The Black Diamond Fritschi Vipec EVO 12 Bindings are lightweight, durable, and functional for beginners and advanced users. If you are searching for reliable, secure, and versatile bindings, this product works with a wide range of touring skis, keeps your feet locked in during tough conditions, and ensures user confidence in rough terrain.