We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima JetStream Base Rack Bars and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 175
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to install.
- Lightweight, extruded aluminum.
- Quiet, though too noisy with an open sunroof.
- Sleek, aerodynamic appearance and performance.
- Accommodates many accessories, with t-slot channels.
- Aerodynamic, functional and attractive.
- Aluminum construction with black powder coating ensures the bars will not be damaged by rust or corrosion.
- You also don’t have to worry about rust corroding your vehicle.
- Lightweight and strong.
- Compatible with many tower mounts and roof racks, including those made by other manufacturers.
- Aerodynamic and quiet.
- Quiet even at high speeds.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Be careful not to hit your head on the ends.
- Not as quiet as marketing suggests.
- Whistling noise at speeds over 30 mph.
- Installation is not quick with Timberline mounts.
- You may need help or instruction to install.
Yakima’s JetStream Base Rack Bars are a sleek, aerodynamic way to carry all your gear on top of your car, SUV or pick-up. The extruded aluminum construction is lightweight and sturdy, and the teardrop shape is aerodynamic. Installation is quick if you are familiar with roof mount systems, and they are compatible with a range of tower mounts and accessories.