We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima RocketBox Pro 11 Cargo Box and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 84
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits well to let the car hatch open and avoid overhanging.
- Secures your gear items against theft and damage while in use.
- You can open the box from either side for increased ease of use.
- Provides more rear clearance so you can access the back of your car with ease.
- Easy adjustment so you can move the box between various vehicles with ease.
- Easy to install for beginner user-friendliness.
- Features a long and narrow design to avoid hitting any garage doors or tight spaces.
- Not very expensive compared to other similar options on the market.
- The simple installation is easy for beginners to do in just a few minutes.
- Features a dual-opening feature to increase the user-friendliness of loading and unloading gear.
- The multiple latch system can keep your gear secure while inside.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not the most durable option, which means it might not last consistent use over multiple years.
- The oversized hinges take up room and can impede on the interior storage space for gear.
- The key mechanism to unlock the latches is not very practical or durable and can result in broken keys.
- The quality of the box is low-quality due to the lack of durability.
- The lid is flimsy and difficult to open while on the go.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro 11 Cargo Box is an easy-to-use, simple, and user-friendly portable storage method for ski gear or other outdoor items. However, the lack of durability, cheap materials, and low-quality construction does not make this cargo box a good choice for those who want a multi-year product to withstand tough driving and weather conditions.